brinjal – 4
onion – 1
green chillies – 4
tamrind soaked in 1 cup water
very little turmeric
chillipowder – 1/2 spoon
salt according to your taste
method of preparing vankaya pulusu
1. Cut onions into small pieces and slit green chillies vertically.
2. Now take oil in a pan and add the cut onions and chillies.
3. When the onions turn brown add the brinjal pieces which are cut cubically.
4. After frying them for 2 minutes add 1/4 cup water.
5. When the water boils add the tamrind water,salt,turmeric and chilli powder.
6. Now close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook untile the brinjal pieces become soft.
This is atypical Andhra receipe. You can make such kind of pulusulu even with other vegetables like drumsticks,sorakaya(gourd),bhendi etc. Ideal combination with such kind of pulusu is mudda pappu.